Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Godly Man

My husband was a godly man...no..REALLY!!!!  He wasn't always....have no idea if he is now but at one time....

I loved my husband and the only change I would have made was for him to love the Lord.  I found men who loved the Lord....truely spiritual leaders ...very attractive.  If only my husband loved the Lord...he would be perfect....LOL!!!

He would go to Sunday school but he was not too keen on the whole church thing.  Our church was big on Promise Keepers.  Each year I would ask him if he would like to go.  I would get a typical, 'yeah, right.' and the walk away.  One year he stopped, looked me right in the eye and said, 'Okay...'  I thought I had heard him wrong but paid right away,,(I knew he would go if it was already paid for!).

I remember listening to it on the radio thinking that he would either get turned on or completely turned off but I knew he would not be able to stay neutral.  I prayed...a LOT!!!

He called me and said it was the best thing that ever happened to him!

That started his move into actually LEADING a Promise keepers man's group...the newest Christian leading the group.  That was my husband always the best a leader among men....He got involved in working for Promise Keepers on the security team and got to travel to DC!  He loved it.

We were both very involved in our church and church family.  When we moved north finding a new church family was important to both of us.

We found a church and a community that loved God.  We both started individual bible studies and we facilitated a home group every week.  We had keys to the church and were involved in everything.

We even helped to do a church plant in our community.  My husband was one of the elders!  People looked up to him and admired him.  Young people would have him mentor them.  Young women wanted a husband just like him....What a wonderful Godly man....ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

No comments:

Post a Comment