Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The incredible Hulk!

?We used to laugh as we renamed my husband the Incredible Hulk.  This was WAY before the movie, (which I never saw).  My husband literally turned into the Hulk....Hulk face and all.  When he was angry he CHANGED!  He would spit as he yelled...slam doors till the panels fell off...

I would just be silent.  No response was the right one.  If I left he would say..."thats right run away...thats what you always do...".  If I was quiet and said nothing he would yell and say..."why can't you just get mad?  Tell me what your thinking?"  If I yelled, (which was rare....and I found out quickly NOT the best response)...He would yell louder and get meaner.  Soo....I learned to ride it out.  It was usually over quickly and he was always sorry....

The kids were 'used' to it.  He would ask our daughter, 'what makes me angry/'  She always replied with, 'the little things.' It was always the little things that would set him off.

He never physically hurt anyone....I mean he left bruises on my arms a few times but, you know, I bruise easily and he would tell me it was just because I was fragile.

No one ever saw this side off my husband.  They always saw the loving, compassionate, fun, godly man.  We had complete strangers...(more than once) stop us on the streets to tell us that they loved watching us - we were so in love!  Looking back it is ALMOST funny!!!

I do have one friend,  my best friend and son's Godmother who saw him for who he was.  She has told me that she could never see how I could walk on eggshells all the time.  I thought about that.  I never saw the egg shells.  The good was so good that the bad was just a small thing....ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

No comments:

Post a Comment