Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Our little town...

Our house had a great yard which I promptly set to rights with adorable yard art and cute little gardens everywhere!!!  Flowers and trees even a little pitcher with water pouring into a sink!  Fun stuff!!! I scoured the garage sales for fun things to plant in...a claw foot tub, old wringer washing machine...lots of enamel pots and pitchers....to cute!

We even had a guest house complete with small kitchen and bath.  Perfect for all my crafts!  I soon had painting classes in the guest house and womans bible study. We had a great time!!!

I loved everyone I met.  Church was great.  I loved living in a small town.  Everyone knew everyone. Going to the post office was an event!  Fellowship opportunities everywhere.

We had people over all the time for bible studies and dinner and just fun!!!  We laughed and played.

Holidays were awesome at our home!!!  Lights and decorations everywhere you looked, Halloween particularly but the best was Christmas.  We had a huge open house every Christmas Eve.  Everyone was welcome. 7 decorated Christmas trees,  Christmas movies playing for the kids, tons of food and homemade goodies and of course...Christmas Caroling!! We would torture the entire town with our singing and the town loved us!!!   They actually waited for us every year!

Everyone would comment on how blessed we were how in love we were...they could see it!!!

Life just couldn't get  any better!  I was so loved....ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

No comments:

Post a Comment