Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

The perfect husband....

I had the perfect marriage.  Everyone said so!  I was sooooo lucky!  My husband was the BEST!  He wrote me little love notes all the time, brought me cute little gifts.  All kinds of small things he just knew I would like and things that would make me laugh!  I loved to laugh and he knew just how to make me do it!  He cleaned the house, did the laundry, the grocery shopping, did most of the cooking....I was the luckiest woman around!

He loved to decorate for the holidays....all my friends wanted him to give their husbands lessons...their husbands were not fond of him though...he made them look bad!

We were always touching and kissing, our kids would just roll their eyes and laugh!  We cuddled together every night watching TV.  We always held hands when we walked together...anywhere!  We went everywhere together.

So what if he would yell and scream and cuss at me about once a week?   He wasn't mad at ME....he was just letting off steam.  He couldn't let loose at work...he had to yell at someone....right???  I mean, he always apologized after so it was okay right?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days, the good and the bad. I was always amazed at you patience and ability to take the good with the bad; weigh your choices and situation and continue to make lemonade.
    I think I would have been too heavy for those eggs shells and I would have cracked!
    My best to you my dear friend,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i had known the bad parts were going on--you hid all that so well. i could've told you those were the red flags of abuse (and possibly a bi-polar personality
    love, your sis

    ReplyDelete