Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Faithful Friends

Sorry this has taken so long for me to get back to.  This is the tough stuff!!!  From here on so much happened so fast that I am trying to figure out how to get it all down.  I am awful at time line so.... I have a tendency to forget all the bad...  a survival technique for sure!

That day...that awful day....God would put the people in my mind that I needed to call.  He surrounded me with faithful friends that could minister to both my husband and myself.

My poor son!  I did have the presence of mind to take care of him...a mom thing thank goodness.  He was 13 and some of our other great friends took him until things...calmed down.

One of our friends took my husband up to the mountain and prayed with him.  While they were gone I was surrounded with the love and prayers of many friends.

When my husband got home we contacted a wonderful Christian counselor.  He fit us in first thing the following morning...a God thing for sure!!!  My husband wanted to fix things...to get well...he would do anything....

Not so the next morning!  He woke up angry...so very angry!  He didn't want to go...it was too hard...he just wanted to be with her...  I didn't know what to do...who to call...  My pastor pulled into the parking lot right then...I knew God had sent him!  I ran out and explained that my husband was struggling...he was too busy to come....

I finally got my husband to go.  He yelled and screamed and cussed at me all the way to the appointment, one hour!  Fun trip!  We were both stressed by the time we arrived.

My husband told his story,  (at least what he wanted the councilor to know).  The councilor took a deep breath and said, "what are you STUPID?"  I will love that man forever!!!!

He let my husband talk and me cry.  My husband....loving husband, asked what he was supposed to do with his 'feelings'.  This wise man told him they were only feelings and would pass...he told him to write her a letter and that I was to read it and we would deliver it to her office together.  Then we were to go to all the places where they had been together and reclaim them...we were to hug and kiss and make them ours...

We had a game plan.. everything was going to be okay!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????.

No comments:

Post a Comment